One of the most common queries we get from customers is on how to properly fit in-ear earplugs to provide proper hearing protection. So to help out, we've put together this handy illustrated guide
1. Firstly, check the earplug for any cuts, holes or other issues that might reduce the effectiveness of the earplug.
2. Next, using one hand firmly roll the earplug between thumb and fingers to the make the cylinder as small and as stiff as possible.
3. Reach over your head with your other arm, pull the ear OUT, BACK or UP depending on which of these gives you best access to the ear canal.
4. Insert the earplug far enough into the ear that it goes behind the bend in your ear canal.
5. You may need to adjust or twist the earplug to achieve the correct fit, if you feel any pain whilst doing this remove the earplug immediately
6. Once inserted, release the ear. If properly fitted your perception of sound should be significantly reduced.
And there you have it, you're now much better equipped to work safely in noisy environments.
If you have any questions or would like more info just get in touch by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org